Casey were engaged by First Choice Homes Oldham to undertake works tp the St. Mary’s and Barker Street area. We liaised with local residents groups and neighbourhood officers to plan, design and construct communal open spaces, car parking, community planting and gardens along with upgraded signage across the Coldhurst area of Oldham. Ongoing community liaison meetings were held to continually develop designs to meet residents expectations.
- Demolition of existing garage blocks and provision of new secure car park areas
- Reclamation of overgrown, flooded area and conversion to a community garden space
- Provision of defensible space to over 300 properties including new gates, fencing and driveways
- Children’s play area with ground graphics and a soft surface play area incorporating play equipment
- Construction of community garden spaces
- New bin storage areas to allow to allow internal bin chutes to be made redundant
- Finger post signage with estate information boards incorporating maps and community information.